“The 2030 Agenda is our roadmap and its goals and targets are tools to get there.”, – Secretary-General António Guterres
The high-level political forum on sustainable development will meet from Monday, 9 July, to Wednesday, 18 July 2018. The ministerial meeting of the forum will be from Monday, 16 July, to Wednesday, 18 July 2018.
The theme is: “Transformation towards sustainable and resilient societies”.
The HLPF will also review progress towards the SDGS and focus in particular on:
- Goal 6. Ensure availability and sustainable management of water and sanitation for all
- Goal 7. Ensure access to affordable, reliable, sustainable and modern energy for all
- Goal 11. Make cities and human settlements inclusive, safe, resilient and sustainable
- Goal 12. Ensure sustainable consumption and production patterns
- Goal 15. Protect, restore and promote sustainable use of terrestrial ecosystems, sustainably manage forests, combat desertification, and halt and reverse land degradation and halt biodiversity loss
- Goal 17. Strengthen the means of implementation and revitalize the Global Partnership for Sustainable Development, that will be considered each year:
The first week will include numerous panel and roundtables on the theme and on the SDGs under review.
Help Make the HLPF 2018 Carbon-Neutral!
Did you know that…
- … that 98% of carbon emissions at HLPF 2018 will be from air travel.
- … that over 3.5 million kilograms of carbon will be emitted at HLPF 2018 from air travel alone. This is equivalent to 13,805,650 kilometers driven by an average passenger vehicle or the consumption of 8,103 barrels of oil.
The meeting will adopt a ministerial declaration.